Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Review #28 | Turbo

Is DreamWorks stealing ideas from Pixar? I had different feelings watching Turbo in the big screens and at home. This time I will post my review into two perspectives.


Turbo, 2013
From the makers of Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda, Turbo is a high-velocity 3D comedy about an underdog snail who kicks into overdrive when he miraculously attains the power of super-speed. But after making fast friends with a crew of streetwise, tricked-out es-car-goes, Turbo learns that no one succeeds on their own. So he puts his heart and shell on the line to help his pals achieve their dreams, before Turbo-charging his own impossible dream; winning the Indy 500.
Perspective 1_My Thoughts in Theaters:

Had a chance to see the movie that I’ve been anticipating for. Is DreamWorks stealing stories from Pixar? It didn’t take too long to find out. The answers is No. They didn’t.

I have to admit that I was late, despite all my effort to run as fast as I can to the theaters and couldn’t the first ten minutes of the movie. The snail is indeed fast. I was surprised to see the beautiful animation and the originality in humor and story. What would it be like to picture a life of a snail through animation? Looks like the DreamWorks crew has done a quite imaginative job on making the snail world look so adorable and relaxing and funny.

There are a lot of unrealistic parts in the movie but although it seems like that, it still makes me smile to see some sweet things in the animation. The story is an average rating story. The humor of this snail movie is what makes it good. The story and characters don’t really support the humor though.

Turbo is fun and fancy, but lacks great and deep story-lines.

Perspective 2_At Home:

I can’t stop thinking that Turbo resembles much of Cars and Ratatouille. It does have some funny parts and is entertaining but I’m not buying the story of a snail racing with race cars.

Favorite Quote: Wow, that snail if FAST!

Inside Outside Rating: 66% (note: this is a revised rating of Turbo)

No comments:

Post a Comment