Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Review #8 | Frozen

Frozen, 2013
Since Disney released the first theatrical trailer on September 26 I couldn't take 'Frozen' out of my studies! Why did I get a chance to watch it late on January 16 you say? Well, I happened to be living on the other side of the world where it opened this day. It has been five months, now that I think of it (the longest wait yet). I have tried my best to avoid spoiler but it was no use. The more I wanted to know the more spoiled I became.

By the time of its release date I had extremely high expectations and a little worried for how well it must be. But here it is, for the first time in forever this is my review of Frozen -

Frozen has one of the best songs since Tangled. 'Do You Want to Build a Snowman?' is introduces to Anna's joyful character and how the sisters get separated. Years later, when Elsa's coronation ceremony takes place, For the First Time in Forever is sung by Anna (Kristen Bell) and is my favorite from Frozen. Love is an Open Door & Let it Go are also great songs to sing along.

The animation is gorgeous and sophisticated (thanks to Anna and Elsa). Landscapes, snow, Elsa's ice palace, and characters are beautiful to look at.

The story however, for me was disappointing. Yes, it does have a great story and great peak climax, however it does not flow the way it needs to be (Tangled was better story-wise). Maybe I need some time to get know the sisters better (women are complicated to understand), but Anna's free spirited, carefree, and caring character disturbed me throughout some moments (again, I'll never understand).

Final Thoughts. 'Forzen' is a delight and is the best animated film of the year, but last year was all in all a disappointment. Like I said, I do have some mixed feelings about this film, to clarify my thoughts I need to see this again.

Recommendation: Check out the 'Frozen (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Deluxe Edition)' filled with catchy songs from the movie, demo songs of 'For the First Time in Forever' & 'Love is an Open Door', and outtakes like 'We Know Better'. Enjoying it myself.

If you liked the movie as much as I did, don't forget to check out 'The Art of Frozen'.

Inside Outside Rating: 87%

No comments:

Post a Comment